Accounting for Managers and non-managers
IntroductionManagers and non-managers perform their functions in various departments. They communicate or interact among themselves regarding the status or running of the operation of the company using business language. Having an exposure to accounting allows managers/officers to understand and participate meaningfully in the business communication/discussion. They can get involve in product costing, budgeting and performance management effectively. These will enhance their morale and contribution to the achievement of the company's goal. The course will be highly interactive, with opportunities to advance opinions and innovative ideas through workshop. To ensure the understanding of the concepts and working of this state of the art technique, the course will be reinforced with a mix of learning methods, including presentation and discussion.
ObjectivesUpon completion of this course, participants will:
- To introduce financial statements prepared for a company including the related accounting terms and concepts.
- To discuss the tools used in management process including costing, budgeting and performance evaluation.
- To discuss the accounting tools used in the company; budgeting, costing and performance evaluation.
- To apply the above knowledge and skills in practical situations.
- To evaluate the performance and financial position of company based on financial statement.
TrainerProf. Dr. Mohd. Yusoff Ibrahim has a PhD in Accounting from Universiti Sains Malaysia in 2001, Masters in Accounting from University of Toledo in Ohio in 1988 and Bachelors in Accounting from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia in 1982. He started his academic career in 1970, working as a teacher in various schools under the Ministry of Education Malaysia. From 1982 to 1993, he lectured at Polytechnic Ungku Omar in Ipoh and continued at UUM, UPSI, Kolej Islam Darul Ridzuan, Kolej Universiti Insaniah and UTP from 1994 to present. Area of interest is Accounting, specifically in financial accounting and management accounting. The focus areas are; strategic Management accounting, performance management and management control system.
- Introducing Accounting; Financial and Management
- Terms and concepts in the financial statement
- Accounting information and management
- Costing; Different types of cost
- Planning; preparing budget
- Controlling; variance analysis
- Financial analysis
Download the Course Brochure: Accounting for managers and non-managers BROCHURE
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPENTo register, download the CAPE Professional Short Course Registration Form and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Main Trainer
Introduction Managers and non-managers perform their functions in various departments. They communicate or interact among themselves regarding the status or running of the operation of the company using business language. Having an exposure to accounting allows managers/officers to understand and participate […]
Location : Level 16, Menara 2, Menara Kembar Bank Rakyat, Jalan Travers, 50470 Kuala Lumpur