Fire and Explosion Safety and Protection For Oil & Gas Industries
Still no participant
Still no reviews
IntroductionFire is destructive and catastrophic in nature and it is a known fact that fire occurrence is often unpredictable. Fire claims thousands of human lives each year and injures more worldwide. Fire in petroleum facilities especially can lead to significant losses including life, financial, property and subsequently damaging the environment which will lead to catastrophic consequences. These accidents not only destroy facilities, but also may hit nearby facilities with certain physical effects (e.g. heat radiation or blast wave), and sometimes even cause so-called domino effect (accident escalation), which can subsequently extend the severity of the accident. One of the measures to reduce fire incidents and save people’s lives is by providing knowledge and developing good understanding of the behavior of fire and smoke, the behavior of people exposed to fire, developing a correct evacuation plan, as well as designing and maintaining facilities. Designing and selecting appropriate fire protection systems. This course will provide extensive information on the above, and will be delivered by the academic and industry experts in fire safety and protection engineering. This course is aimed to enhance students’ knowledge on the fundamental theory of fire explosion and fire hazard analysis. The course also covers topics on fire risk assessment and protection and prevention strategies. The installation, inspection, testing and maintenance of fire and explosion protections will also be discussed.
ObjectivesUpon completion of this course, participants will be able:
- Understanding fire and explosion dynamics, fire spread, fire and explosion impact prediction, injury prediction due to fire and explosion.
- Understanding fire in fuel storage tanks including liquid boilover and how it spreads.
- Perform structure fire safety analysis and understand the impact of fire on plant structure.
- Understand the concept of fire testing and its limitations.
- Perform risk assessment in Fire and explosion safety Engineering.
- Perform fire protection and detection system’s reliability analysis and maintenance strategy selection based on reliability analysis.
- Perform review on the Fire Safety Design Adequacy and understand the Philosophy, Effective approach in fire safety system versus Emergency Response Action.
Course ContentsThis three-day course will cover the following aspects (case studies may be included in some topics):
- Introduction to Fires and Explosion
- Fire and Explosion Dynamics
- Fire and Explosion Risk Assessment
- Fire Protection Strategies & Emergency Planning and Response
- Pasive fire protection
- Active Fire Protection and detection
- Active Fire Protection Systems Reliability
- Fire and Explosion Prevention Elements
To register, download the CAPE Professional Short Course Registration Form and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
Download the Course Brochure: Fire and Explosion Safety and Protection For Oil & Gas Industries
Our Main Teachers
Introduction Fire is destructive and catastrophic in nature and it is a known fact that fire occurrence is often unpredictable. Fire claims thousands of human lives each year and injures more worldwide. Fire in petroleum facilities especially can lead to […]
Price : 3,620 for Professional (Discount available for students, group registration, PETRONAS staff, and UTP alumni) MYR
Max Availability : 24
Location : Level 16, Menara 2, Menara Kembar Bank Rakyat, Jalan Travers, 50470 Kuala Lumpur