INTRODUCTION TO RISK-BASED PROJECT INVESTMENT DECISION RULES
Still no participant
Still no reviews
One of the most crucial decisions facing a financial manager is the choice of which investments the corporation should undertake. Making a wrong decision can be costly.
The two-day course is designed to cater for the needs of those from finance and non-finance background who are interested in enhancing their understanding in the various techniques (rules) available for use to make decision on undertaking an investment (project). The course will further expose participants in evaluating the available projects via-a-vis the capital cost incorporating the risk, required rate of return and discounted cash flow towards achieving ‘net present value’ return.
In order to accommodate participants from various background, no prior knowledge of corporate finance will be assumed. A refresher on the basic finance principles and concepts will be delivered.
ObjectivesThe objectives of this course are
- Differentiate the characteristic of diversifiable and nondiversifiable risks
- Understand the model relationship between risk premium, cost of equity and capital return
- Evaluate risk pricing and identify net present value for projects
- Dr Lai Fong Woon - Associate Professor at the Department of Management and Humanities Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP)
- DAY 1
- Equity Risk and Expected Return
- Diversifiable and Nondiversifiable Risk
- A Comparative Analysis of Risk and Return Models
- The Cost of Equity and Capital
- Case Study
- DAY 2
- Hurdle Rates for Projects and Investments
- Risk-Adjusted Discount Rates
- Investment Decision Rules
- Net Present Value and Internal Rate of Return
- Case Study
Download the Course Brochure: INTRODUCTION TO RISK-BASED PROJECT INVESTMENT DECISION RULES COURSE BROCHURE
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPENTo register, download the CAPE Professional Short Course Registration Form and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Main Teachers
Price : Free
Location : Level 16, Menara 2, Menara Kembar Bank Rakyat, Jalan Travers, 50470 Kuala Lumpur